2015 RockWater Relay March 28!
13 Miles from the mountains to the ocean. Race along the Santa Ana River Watershed and help keep our oceans, waves and beaches clean.
Join Surfrider Foundation Newport Beach Chapter – for the 8th annual Rock Water race on Saturday March 28, 2015. The race covers 13 miles along the Santa Ana River trail starting at the Honda Center in Anaheim and finishing at the Santa Ana River mouth in Huntington Beach CA. Here is a link to the Race Map
• Race Date: March 28, 2015
• Race Start: 9:00AM. Teams are expected to check in at the start by 8:30 AM.
• Team entries only.
• Teams may consist of up to 3 members.
• Teams may consist of: runners and walkers only
• Each team must have a team driver and vehicle to transport team members to relay changes.
• Prizes will be awarded but the goal is not to finish first but to raise awareness of the watershed and clean it up as you race.
• Trash can be collected by all team members at any time during the race (team members completing their leg do not have to pick up trash at the same time).
• The glorious wooden spoon will be awarded to the team finishing last overall.
This year we are adding finisher medals to all teams who finish!!
Race Entry Fee:
$50 per team. $20 per individual.
Hydration stations will also be available at the switch-out locations along the route so don’t forget to bring your re-usable water bottle. The first 100 to Register (see below) will receive a HDX bottle to reuse. The race finishes at the Santa Ana River Mouth, where a beach clean up will be arranged and prizes awarded.
How to enter the race:
Please contact our Race Director Robyn Vettraino if you need further race information or are interested in donating to Surfrider Foundation -Newport Beach Chapter for the race. Product donations are also welcomed.
A Cheer Station will be sponsored by Ivivva. Please contact them to sign up or for more information.
Please pay Registration fees using the Donate button below.
Many thanks to all of our sponsors.
Please contact Michelle Giron if you would like to Volunteer to help out on race day.
Want to find out more about watersheds and how we are polluting our oceans? Watch the Surfrider movie “The Cycle of Insanity” and then sign your team up to start raising awareness.