Beach and River Cleanups
Cleanups are typically offered on the 1st Saturday of each month at Prospect Street beach in Newport Beach, the 3rd Sunday of each month at the Newport Beach Farmers’ Market at Newport Pier, and the 4th Saturday of each month in the Santa Ana River Channel as part of the “Adopt-A-Channel” program.
See below for the upcoming schedule and please visit our social media channels for any last minute updates regarding weather changes, etc. If you are interested in bringing a group of 10 or more people, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week in advance.
All cleanups run from 9-11 AM and all participants must sign a waiver. People under 18 must have a parent or guardian fill it out. Click here to complete the waiver in advance and streamline the check-in process. *Select Newport Beach as the chapter hosting.
- Sat., February 5th at Prospect Street
- Sun., February 20th at Newport Beach Farmers’ Market @ Newport Pier
- Sat., March 5th at Prospect Street
- Sun., March 20th at Newport Beach Farmers’ Market @ Newport Pier
- Sat., March 26th at Santa Ana River Channel @ Adams Ave
- Sat., April 2nd at Prospect Street
April 17th Newport Beach Farmers’ MarketNo cleanup on Easter Sunday
- Sat., April 23rd at Santa Ana River Channel @ Adams Ave
- Sat., May 7th at Prospect Street
- Sun., May 15th at Newport Beach Farmers’ Market @ Newport Pier
Sat., May 28th at Santa Ana River Channel @ Adams AveCanceled
- Sat., June 4th at Balboa Pier (details)
Sun., June 19th at Newport Beach Farmers’ Market @ Newport PierCanceled – Happy Father’s Day!
- Sat., June 25th at Santa Ana River Channel @ Adams Ave (details)
- Sun., July 17th at Newport Beach Farmers’ Market @ Newport Pier (details)
- Sat., July 23th at Santa Ana River Channel @ Adams Ave (details)
Chapter Meetings and Events
- Wed., March 9th, 6-7 pm – EC meeting, held online
- Wed., March 23th – 6-7:15 pm – Regional Chapter Meeting: Climate Change & Community Choice Energy Programs, hosted by South OC Chapter (held online)
- Tues., May 10th, 5:30-7 pm – EC meeting
- Sat., May 21st, 10 am – Hands Across the Sand @ Huntington State Beach (details; held during beach cleanup, which begins at 8 am)
- Sat., May 28th, 8:30 – noon – Memorial Paddle Out for Tony Soriano @ River’s End, Seal Beach
- Tues., June 14th, 5:30-7 pm – EC meeting