- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Aug 24 2019
- Time: 12:30 - 14:30
Groms Club: OceanQuest Eco Expedition
Join the Newport Beach Surfrider Groms for an Eco Expedition led by Discovery Cube’s Ocean Quest museum.
Embark on an hour-long education expedition through Newport Harbor and local coastal waters. Along the way, our guide will highlight features of the area from a historical and ecological perspective. Kids and families will learn about:
- History of the formation of the harbor
- Scientific studies underway within the harbor
- Local marine life
- The California Bight and its significance from an ecological perspective
- The Channel Islands with an emphasis on Catalina
Plus, guests aboard the expedition will get to meet our local sea lion friends, and our talented team of naturalists will identify and describe other marine mammals and life that may showcase themselves during the tour.
Preferred ticket pricing for Newport Beach Surfrider Chapter members. Not a member? Join NOW!
Ticket sales are considered a donation to the Newport Beach Surfrider Chapter and non-refundable. Parent/adult participation required.